Awareness about Neurosurgery - General Neurosurgical Ailments and Symptoms
Neurosurgery is an aspect of medical science that manages the diagnosis and surgical or non-surgical treatment of neurosurgical disorders which influence sensory system including the brain, spinal cord, nerves, and cerebrovascular framework.
However, symptoms such as pain in the back prompt neurological related issues such as numbness, weak muscles, loss of bladder and bowel control. These conditions are treated by neurosurgical procedures like laminectomy, discectomy and so forth.
The team of the best neurologists in Haryana at The Institute of Brain and Spine Surgery have comprehensive experience in treating every kind of issues related to the brain and nervous system. Many people visit TIBBS, the best neurology hospital in Chandigarh when they encounter their issues getting more complex or severely uncommon.
The best neurosurgeons in Chandigarh work in collaboration with the doctors and subspecialists in different medical areas to identify the best and most effective treatment options available in accordance with the patient’s case.
Neurosurgical Ailments and Symptoms
As discussed above, neurosurgery or neurological surgery is that part of medicine that diagnoses and treats the nervous system including mind and spinal cord. Moreover, it also treats the nerves that are responsible for the movement of different body parts such as hands, legs, arms, and face.
Nevertheless, the best neurosurgeons in Haryana, practising at TIBSS assist patients suffering from neurological disorders with careful detection and appropriate surgical or nonsurgical treatment for the same. Some of the particular neurosurgical conditions that the neurologists at The Institute of Brain and Spine Surgery treat consist of:
Brain and Central Nervous System Tumors
It is the result of an unusual expansion of tissue present in the brain. The tumour commences in the brain known as a primary brain tumour or it can also start in other body parts, from where it enters into the brain, known as a secondary or metastatic tumour. Furthermore, some of the common symptoms associated with brain and CNS tumours are as follows:
- Personality Disorder
- Reduction in the functionality of the lungs and heart
- Morning Sickness
Facial Pain (Trigeminal Neuralgia)
Facial pain can be sharp or dull, throbbing or pain-filled, steady or sporadic. Trigeminal neuralgia, the fundamental kind that the best neurologists in Chandigarh treat at TIBSS, includes the trigeminal nerve. It is considered to be a long term neurological condition. This trigeminal nerve further branches out into 3 major segments each reaching out to an area of the fact. However, when a blood vessel places pressure on the nerve from where it branches out, the patient senses extreme pain. Some of the symptoms of facial pain are:
- Intense pain that is unbearable
- Pain often affects one part of the face, but it can also affect both the parts
- Pain can occur in the facial parts like lips, eyes, nose, scalp, forehead, and jaw
- This occurs within the intervals of days, weeks and even months. Also when the pain returns, it gets relatively more intense.
Epilepsy is a disorder related to the central nervous system, in which the brain functions abnormally leading to seizures of intervals of uncommon behaviour, sensations and at times loss of consciousness. Since epilepsy is due to the odd activity in the brain, seizures can impact any procedure your brain synchronizes. Some of the seizure symptoms include:
- Transient Confusion
- A gawking Spell
- Ungovernable jerking movements of the legs and arms
- Déjà vu
This is a kind of neurosurgical disorder that is caused due to improper functioning of the nerves. In this case, the nerves are damaged or diseased which further fails them to carry messages to and from the brain and spinal cord to the other body parts
- Below given are the symptoms of peripheral neuropathy:
- Insensitive arms and legs
- Inflammation in the hands and feet
Spinal Cord Injury or Disease
This refers to the damage of the spinal cord that is resulted from blunt or penetrating trauma. It can be either due to the damage to the nerves or to the bones and soft tissues and vessels that encircles the spinal cord. Possible symptoms of spinal cord injury are as follows:
- Severe pain or pressure in the neck, head or back
- Tingling effective
- Insensitivity in the hands, fingers, feet, and toes
- Impaired breathing
- Difficulty in balancing and walking
Best Neurosurgical Treatment in Chandigarh at TIBSS
For the patients who have been diagnosed with neurological disorders, our team of best neurosurgeons in Haryana are experts in providing the effective and latest surgical and non-surgical treatment options depending upon the case considered.
The management and services offered by The Institute of Brain and Spine Surgery in lieu of the aforementioned disorders are customized as every case is different.
Therefore if you or your loved ones are sceptical or are suffering from any of these neurosurgical ailments, you should consult the neurologists at the best neurology hospital in Chandigarh, TIBSS. Apart from the latest technology and procedures, our best neurosurgeons like Dr. V.K. Batish, Dr. Manish Budhiraja promise a comfortable and friendly environment for our clients.
- Role of a neurosurgeon in stroke patients
- Types and Symptoms of Spinal Tumor
- Understanding Pituitary Tumors and their Symptoms
- Neurosurgical Causes of Headache
- Intracranial Aneurysms and Treatment Options
- Awareness about Neurosurgery - General Neurosurgical Ailments and Symptoms
- Understanding Head Injury
- Degenerative Spinal Disorders
- Back Pain: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and Treatment
- Childhood Brain Tumor - Types, Symptoms, and Causes
- Brain Tumor: Survival & Beyond
- Back Pain - Causes, Risks and Prevention
- Back Surgery: Myths & Facts