Prof. V. K. Kak
MS, FRCS (Eng), FRCS(Edin), FAMS, FIAMS, FACS, FICA, FIHE
Dr BC Roy National Awardee (1983)
Patron and Advisor, The Institute of Brain and Spine Surgery, Ojas Hospital, Panchkula
Emeritus Professor, PGIMER (Chandigarh)
Honorary Consultant to the Armed Forces
Dr. (Prof.) V.K. Kak has been the cornerstone of neurosurgery in India. He is well-known for his excellent academic adeptness and exceptional clinical skills. His medical career, which spans more than five decades, is embellished with superlative results of his neurosurgical patient outcomes, professional ethics & conduct. He has been awarded fellowships of National Academy of Medical Sciences, International Medical Sciences Academy and Institute of Medical Engineers.
He has the singular distinction of being the past president of several national and regional societies including Neurological Society of India, Indian Society of Paediatric Neurosurgery, Indian Society of Cerebrovascular Surgery and Association of Neurosurgeons of North West zone.
He has received several prestigious awards including the esteemed Dr. B.C. Roy National Award, Chandigarh Rattan, Punjab Rattan and Lifetime Achievement award of Neurological Society of India.
He has also served as Secretary Medical Education, Chandigarh Administration and Director Principal Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh. He has been the Honorary Consultant to the Armed Forces.
A very well-read surgeon, a strict disciplinarian, master craftsman, an able administrator, and a thorough gentleman; he has been a mentor, guide and teacher to a number of well-known Neurosurgeons of the country.
- Senior Professor & Head, Department of Neurosurgery, PGIMER.
- Medical Superintendent, PGIMER.
- Secretary Medical Education, Chandigarh Administration
- Director-Principal, Govt Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh
- President Neurological Society of India, Indian Society for Paediatric Neurosurgery, Indian Society of Cerebrovascular Surgery,
- Chandigarh Surgical Society and Association of Neurosurgeons of North-West Zone
- Dr. V.K. Kak Monday, Wednesday and Friday 11:00am to 2:00pm